Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Silence at this end.

If it is not one thing, it's another.  I haven't felt like blogging since MIL died, and there is too much going on here anyway.   Nothing worth posting on a blog.  Just stuff that needs to be done.  But now my computer has crashed and burned.  Well, according to a friend who came around to check it out for me, he said it is not that bad.  Just a corrupt file on the registry, and he should be able to get some software to fix it.  Whatever the problem is, the fact remains I can't use it, so I'm doing this on Ken's new laptop.  Ken didn't want me to do any blog stuff on here at first; said he doesn't want his computer to crash too, but I managed to convince him that it was nothing to do with blogging that caused mine to crash.  I know that for a fact because when it happened, I was checking the Tattslotto numbers online.  Maybe the lotto website had a virus attached to it?  I don't know.  Anyway, for the time being I can't post any pictures anywhere, and can't send or receive emails, so you needn't return to any of my blogs in the near future, and if you email me, don't expect an answer!  I'll check back here now and then just in case anyone wants to contact me for some reason.

2 Comments:

Blogger Finding My Way said...

Sorry to hear it. :( Hope it's up and running soon. I've heard of a few others having that happen after and even during checking the numbers. Looking forward to catching up. HUGS -Patty

Friday, 18 January, 2013  
Blogger Pam said...

How tedious. I hope you'll be back soon.

Wednesday, 23 January, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!